For this show, as well as the usual garment categories, we want to highlight projects that involve a group or social aspect. That could include a project from a knit-a-long or mystery knit-a-long, something you worked on at the crochet-a-long or Guild social nights, or projects from another social group, online or in person. Remember how each project has brought us together in what has otherwise been a pretty lonely time. There is a separate section of the submission form to enter this special category.
We also want to celebrate the connections between different fibre arts. Many of us are multicraftual, so this year let’s think about how different skills can be combined into a single project. For example, you could sew or weave an item and add a knit or crochet edging, mix crochet and knitting in one item, or embroider or needle felt onto a knitted item. Each item in this category should include some knit or crochet content, mixed with at least one other fibre art. For all regular categories, the items can be knit or crocheted.
- Head: hats and other head and ear coverings
- Shoulders: scarfs, shawls, ponchos
- Knees (and Body): sweaters, shirts, dresses, skirts
- Toes and Fingers: mittens, gloves, socks
- Home (large): blankets, wall hangings, tablecloths
- Home (small): pillows, toys, decorations, dishcloths
- Multicraftual: some combination of knitting, crocheting, weaving, embroidery, fabric sewing, etc.
In each category, there are 3 skill levels:
- Firsts: you are a beginner, or this is your first time with this skill or project type
- Seconds: you are confident in your skills
- Dessert: you are a professional, or are often recognized with knitting awards
- You must be a member of the KW Knitters’ Guild in the 2022-23 year to submit items.
- Items must be made by you, and must be mainly knitted or crocheted.
- The item must have been finished since the last Adjudicated Show, June 8, 2021.
- We reserve the right to shift items to different categories or levels as we deem appropriate.
If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected].