Regular (prize winners selected by adjudication)
- Keeping warm: hats (and other head and ear coverings), hand coverings (e.g., gloves, mittens), and foot coverings (e.g., socks, slippers)
- Clothing: sweaters, dresses, skirts and shirts
- Housewares (large): blankets, wall hangings, tablecloths, etc.
- Housewares (small): pillows, toys, decorations, dishcloths, etc.
- Necks and shoulders: scarfs, shawls, ponchos, etc.
Bonus (prize winners selected by adjudication)
- Multidisciplinary: items that have both knitting and crochet elements are eligible for this category, in addition to their primary category, listed above
Draws (prize winners selected by random draw)
- Guild Design: If your entry uses a pattern designed by a KWKG member (your own or someone else’s), it is eligible for this draw.
- COVID-inspired: Did you learn a new technique while stuck at home? Make an amigurumi model of the COVID-19 virus? Explain how COVID led to you creating this item, and it will be eligible for this draw.
Within the regular and bonus categories, there will be three subcategories:
- First item of a “type” you’ve knit (e.g., first socks, first shawl)
- First time using a new technique (e.g., first colourwork project, first lace project)
- First time using new materials/fibre
- First time entering an item for adjudication
- It’s not your first time, but you aren’t an expert either
- You are a professional knitter/designer/fibre artist
- You are regularly recognized as an expert knitter
- Your work is regularly recognized through awards
We reserve the right to move an item to another category or subcategory if we think it has been miscategorized.
You must be a guild member to enter items in the show. Items must have been completed after June 12, 2018 (the date of our last show).